- Not making your bed is actually better than making it.
- Aokigahara Forest in Japan is a popular place to commit suicide with up to 100 suicides per year.
- Regina Rohde survived both the Columbine Massacre and the Virgina Tech Massacre.
- The first public anti-smoking campaign.
- Hong Kong has self-freezing Coke bottles.
This old ship supposedly was involved in extending lower Manhattan into the Hudson River. Workers at the former site of the World Trade Center stumbled up on it this past summer. While digging through the rubble with a backhoe, the workers found bent pieces of wood that turned out to be a ship rib. They kept digging and eventually uncovered the hull of a 32-foot long ship!
They also found a 100 pound anchor a few yards away.
Read more about it here.