- On average an American will spend up to 6 months at a red light in their life.
- Dutchman Wim “the Iceman” Hof is able to withstand temperatures cold enough to kill you.
- The Philippines has an island positioned in a lake inside an island inside a lake inside an island
- Up film home actual reproduction constructed by way of a person
- Antarctica has 70 hidden lakes beneath its ice.
This old ship supposedly was involved in extending lower Manhattan into the Hudson River. Workers at the former site of the World Trade Center stumbled up on it this past summer. While digging through the rubble with a backhoe, the workers found bent pieces of wood that turned out to be a ship rib. They kept digging and eventually uncovered the hull of a 32-foot long ship!
They also found a 100 pound anchor a few yards away.
Read more about it here.