- Golf is not an acronym for “gentlemen only, ladies forbidden”.
- Olsen Twins are not identical twins.
- Picasso burned most of his early work to maintain himself heat!
- George Cantor who first theorized about infinity died in a psychological establishment.
- Human eye has the ability to distinguish roughly 10 million different colors.
What is probably the largest living organism on earth has been discovered in the Malheur National Forest in eastern Oregon. A fungus living three feet underground is estimated to cover 2,200 acres. After testing samples from various locations, scientists say it is all one organism.
Officially known as Armillaria ostoyae, or the honey mushroom, the fungus is 3.5 miles across and takes up 1,665 football fields. The small mushrooms visible above ground are only the tip of the iceberg. Experts estimate that the giant mushroom is at least 2,400 years old, but could be 7,200 years old.
Previously, the world’s largest organism was another Armillaria ostoyae, which covers a mere 1,500 acres near Mt. Adams in Washington state.
Buy from Amazon.com - The Shiitake Mushroom Kit – Indoor/Outdoor Mushroom Growing Kit – Grow Edible Mushrooms & Fungi. Easy & Fun Mush Room Garden Patch Grow Kits