- Lightning is 5 instances hotter than the solar.
- Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland, suffered from a rare neurological disorder that caused strange hallucinations. The disease was later named after him – Alice in Wonderland Syndrome.
- Sealand claims to be the smallest "country" in the world. It’s not even made out of land.
- There will be more movie sequels in 2011 than ever.
- Microwave – Invention by mistake…
What is probably the largest living organism on earth has been discovered in the Malheur National Forest in eastern Oregon. A fungus living three feet underground is estimated to cover 2,200 acres. After testing samples from various locations, scientists say it is all one organism.
Officially known as Armillaria ostoyae, or the honey mushroom, the fungus is 3.5 miles across and takes up 1,665 football fields. The small mushrooms visible above ground are only the tip of the iceberg. Experts estimate that the giant mushroom is at least 2,400 years old, but could be 7,200 years old.
Previously, the world’s largest organism was another Armillaria ostoyae, which covers a mere 1,500 acres near Mt. Adams in Washington state.
Buy from Amazon.com - The Shiitake Mushroom Kit – Indoor/Outdoor Mushroom Growing Kit – Grow Edible Mushrooms & Fungi. Easy & Fun Mush Room Garden Patch Grow Kits